Friday, July 5, 2013

*Raw Tacos*

Yup you read the title right lol, it is possible to make raw tacos. I told my family about them for the first time and some of them couldn't wrap their minds around the idea of a raw taco tasting good or even existing hahah. Well they taste awesome and guess what you don't need any turkey or beef to make them. I must admit I was a little sceptical at first too. I was thinking hum is this really going to taste good? Will it taste similar to real taco meat without actual meat?? How will the texture be? Well my questions went away when I took a bite of my first raw taco, they taste so good, and are super simple to make. As I have stated in previous blogs I am all about making nutritious healthy food that don't take hours to make. "Im still getting use to making my own food" LOL.

Ok so how in the world do you make Raw Tacos lets take a look at the ingredients and directions below:

Ingredients: (Makes 4-6 tacos)

Organic Romaine Lettuce 
1 cup of presoaked sunflower seeds (Soak to remove digestive enzymes, you can add more seeds for more meat on your tacos. Presoak seeds over night in water) Use seeds of choice sometimes I mix walnuts, sunflower seeds, pecans etc.



1 Tomato or sliced up grape tomatoes will work
 2 teaspoon Cumin Powder
1 teaspoon of Coriander Powder
1 teaspoon of Chili Powder 
1/2 teaspoon of himalayan salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
1/2 of a fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice
1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
8 jalapeno peppers (if you like more spice)
1/2 avocado & hand full of bean sprouts to add on top (optional)
organic salsa  
(optional 1/2 teaspoon of tamari all natural soy sauce) 

 
    
Directions:
Pull off and rinse your lettuce and tomatoes in veggie wash




 Place your soaked sunflower seeds (or nuts of choice) with all the powder's in food processor.  Add more seasonings to taste.
 
Process the items until desired meat texture and taste is achieved, place the meat nut meat on the lettuce and top with the jalapenos, salsa, avocado etc. Super Good!


 Watch the video! Woohoo for bringing the food to life.


 
Happy Raw Taco Making!

Shana Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment