Tuesday, June 18, 2013

*Fresh Homemade Guacamole*

Every time I learn how to make something that I use to purchase at the store I get super happy. LOL. I am able to save money buy making foods myself, and the more I learn the more control I have over exactly what's going into my body. Guacamole and Chips are a quick great mid day snack. One thing I have learned is to prepare/plan meals two or three days in advance. If you have a very busy schedule and don't have much time to spend in the kitchen this method will help keep you on track. You will be able to grab healthy pre- prepared food's on the go.

Ingredients:
1 or 2 avocados (depending on how much you want to make rule of thumb 1 per serving/person)

2 fresh garlic bulbs (If you are not a big fan of the garlic taste then only add one. Garlic has so many health benefits so I add 2 Read More Here

The juice from 1 or 2 fresh limes or lemons (Squeezy Squeezy lol)

1/2 tablespoon of himalayan salt and pepper

10 cherry/plum tomatoes or 1 Roma tomatoes will work
 
 1/3 of fresh red or green onion chopped (or however much you want to add)

*Directions*
After slicing all items up place in food processor add the fresh lime juice and allow it to process 2/3 mins   
(Note:the more chunky you want the less liquid and processing time also  feel free to add jalapenos for a spicy kick, you can add cumin,chili power, coriander play around to your taste)


I let mine chill for a hour before consumption. When complete place in a awesome dish and add your favorite pita chips. I use Bean & Rice Chips from Wholefoods Purchase Here
Eat up. The Guacamole should last at least 3-4 days if kept in the refrigerator.
Another great way to eat guacamole is on top of fresh chopped tomatoes sprinkled with pepper. Yummy!


Shana Nicole 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment